Google

Monday, February 11, 2008

A windy run

Saturday was filled with a variety of activities, none of which really allowed me to find time to do a run. I did manage to check out a new route on one of the city trail systems that have been developed for walkers, bikers, and runners.

The weather was beautiful and I walked a little over 6 miles, enough to determine this is a good route to use for running. In my purest mentality for the term "Running 1,000 miles in a year", these walking miles do not count towards my running goal for the year. I don't have a problem when other people want to use their walking miles as part of their mileage, but I am limiting only running miles to my personal total. This means that while I got in 6 miles of excellent exercise, it counted only as a rest day for my running program.

Sunday afternoon was extremely windy in the area. However, I knew I needed to get in some miles so I headed off for a run. Guess where I went to run? I headed to my new route of course. The trail cuts through lovely wooded areas, which on this day only served to be of concern for me. The winds reportedly were hitting 70 miles an hour. The tall trees along the trail were bending and creaking, often releasing small twigs and branches onto the path. I kept my eyes open and remained very aware of the conditions. Thankfully I safely finished with a nervous 6 miles for the day.

This now gives me 118.15 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 112.34 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 56.17 miles.

1 comment:

Tim Wilson said...

I am with you, I only count my running towards the 1,000 mile running. I had a windy run yesterday too, but not near as much as yours.

Keep running!