Google

Monday, February 25, 2008

Reaching 2,000 miles



My goal ultimately is to run a mile for every day that I have lived. I have not counted any of the miles and activities of growing up and the early adult years. I know that I have always been very active and undoubtedly this has helped with my overall health. The miles I am counting are those recorded since I started this running career in 2003.

The first couple of years were not really much for running, but they were used to get me interested and started building a base. Now I am into a solid running program and this current goal of "Running 1,000 miles in a year" is definitely helping me towards my overall goal.

I decided that at each 1,000 mile mark I would take a picture of myself. Then in the years to come I can see what I looked like at each 1,000 mile stage. I am doing this in my total miles and also any time I reach the thousand mile mark within a year.

Yesterday I reached the 2,000 mile mark. I am thankful for reaching this level and look forward to the upcoming miles when I can steadily climb towards the goal. I am expecting to be doing this for many years to come, unless God decides I run better on Heavenly streets of gold.

I ran 3.05 miles on Sunday, giving me 156.6 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 150.7 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 75.35 miles.

No comments: