Google

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

More on goals

By the time I have made the 20,000 mile mark in running I will have added several thousand more days that will need to be included to meet my goal of running one mile for every day that I have lived. Doing the math on this aspect of the goal shows me that I will be running for about 23 years to accomplish it. THAT is a long range goal for sure.

Am I discouraged by the prospects of actually doing this? Not at this stage. The freshness of the goal is too new to be of concern. I am simply focussing right now on this goal of 1,000 miles for this year. Somewhere down the road (pun intended), the realization of how much has already been accomplished will only serve to encourage me. In fact, I find great satisfaction when doing a 7 mile run, when I realize I have just completed a week's worth of my goal.

My run for Tuesday was 4.01 miles. This gives me 141.24 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 137.0 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 68.5 miles.

No comments: