Google

Monday, February 4, 2008

Egg on my face

Now everyone knows why I am not a gambler who makes his money predicting the outcome of sports events. Yesterday I had boldly predicted that New England would win the Super Bowl last night. It did not happen.

After yesterday's loss by the New England Patriots to the New York Giants, I have enjoyed seeing the response of so many people. The overall reaction is shock and surprise. The outcome just was not the way that most people saw it happening.

While I am disappointed that New England lost, I am thrilled at how good a game it was. So often those Super Bowl games are not very exciting, this one was however.
The Patriots did their thing to take the lead late in the final quarter. However, the Giants came right back and finished off the game and the season with an exciting final drive that gave them the victory.

Congratulations to the Giants.

Do you ever see the use of Roman numerals these days, other than when it is used to give the edition of the Super Bowl? This one was Super Bowl XLII. The fact is, I can remember the very first Super Bowl and now we are up to the 42nd one.

On a beautiful day, I ran right after lunch for 3.16 miles. This gives me a total of 98.01 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 95.9 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 47.95 miles.

No comments: