Google

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Back on the running trail

I took yesterday off from running, for a second day in a row. This was partly due to the fact I did not want to push myself into running too quickly after my touch of the flu on Thursday evening. It also happened due to a sudden rush of activities needing to be done on Saturday that allowed no time to run.

Today is Super Bowl Sunday. Being a former resident of New England this is an important game since the undefeated Patriots look to finish their season with a win against an impressive New York Giant team. It should be a good game with my prediction being the Patriots will win by at least 14 points.

There are a number of reasons that I see that gives New England the advantage:

1) They have already beaten the Giants once during the season.
2) They have a number of veteran players who have never won a Super Bowl and as a result they are hungry for the victory. They have been given a chance late in their careers to gain the coveted Super Bowl victory and they don't plan to blow the opportunity.
3) They also have a chance at setting history by winning this game and being the first team to have a "perfect" season with 19 victories. They sense this special moment and are motivated by it. Every one of them will be forever defined as a member of the team that went through an NFL season that was "perfect".
4) The Patriots have a wealth of Super Bowl experience and experience wins.
5) Coach Belichick is a master at preparing a team for a single game and that is exactly what it takes to win a Super Bowl. You put the past behind you and focus on only that one game.

All that being said, my day is sort of arranged around the Super Bowl. Church was done as normal this morning, but I came home and got my run in early this afternoon. This paves the way for an early evening church service scheduled to allow attenders to get home in time for the "The Game".

I ran an easy 6.09 miles.

My total for the year is now 94.85 miles

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 93.16 miles

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 46.58 miles.

No comments: