Google

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

A morning run

My schedule today requires that I will be out of town this afternoon. This has affected how I have my day planned, including my run.

It is always tempting to make the tiniest change in plans as a way to make that day be one designated for rest. However, the subtle little temptation to do that can really come back to hurt you later on.

My goal is to get in 250 runs over the year. This means an average of 21 runs per month. In January I had 22 runs, which is good since I met my goal. February becomes a bigger challenge because it has fewer days to work with. This is true despite gaining one day from the year 2008 being a Leap Year. I already have taken time off this month because of the flu bug. Therefore, another rest day would put pressure on me for the rest of the month to run every day. So I ran this morning.

The temperature is still warm here. It was 64 degrees at the end of my run. This made for a pleasant 3 miles, finishing off with a sprint at the end. Since morning means traffic around the area is busy, I opted to do the run in the cemetary.

The 3 miles this morning gives me 105.1 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 101.38 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 50.69 miles.

2 comments:

Josh92 said...

Keep up the good work Dad! I had my first football practice tonight and it kicked my butt to say the least. I think the running program you gave me is going to give me an edge on the other line men. Thanks!

Joey said...

Hey......Cool beans that you found my blog and wrote in here.

The key is to stay with it.

Your #1 Fan......Dad