Google

Thursday, February 7, 2008

A fast run

I have no idea why some things happen while running.

Today I decided to do a lunch time run since I am going to be out for the evening again. My PLAN was to make it a nice easy run, just something to get some miles in and stay ahead of the pace bunny for today. In view of that, I didn't fully bother to change into my running gear, counting on the fact I was going to go as such a slow place that street clothes would work.

As I started out on my run, it quickly became evident that I was running without much effort. In fact, I was running quite speedily without much effort. My immediate thought was to slow down and pace myself, but the feeling of this new speed was SO nice that I kept pushing along. The result was the fastest speed for 3 miles that I had run since last March.

My question is: "Why?" Why does it happen that suddenly and without warning, a good run comes along like this? I think it is one of those times when you don't try to understand, but simply enjoy the fact that it happened.

Three miles today, which gives me a total of 108.1 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 104.12 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 52.06 miles.

2 comments:

Tim Wilson said...

Great job, those types of runs are always a good surprise!

Joey said...

Thanks. You are absolutely right about that. It is always a "bonus" when a run goes better than expected.

Thanks.