Google

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Call it three

I had lunch with my son and he asked me for a running program that will help him prepare for playing football this coming season. He has not played for a few years but has been asked to join a team. His concern is about conditioning that will give him endurance. His goal is to be able to be fresh at the end of the game.

Since he has not been running, I am going to suggest a plan that is light and easy to begin. I encouraged him to stick with it for a month, until a "habit" of running is developed. We will see if we can get a run in together, which will be an encourgement to him to have someone to run with.

Somewhere along the line, I have gotten that habit. If I miss a run for one day, it is fine. However, I find that my body craves the benefits that running gives and a second or third day without running, brings this need out.

I did get in 3.02 miles later this afternoon and this assures me of meeting my mileage goal for the first month of the year. I ran in the cemetary which meant that there was thankfully not anything going on. It felt good to get out for the run.

My total now stands at 85.47 miles.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 82.2 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 41.1 miles.

No comments: