Google

Thursday, January 24, 2008

An unplanned run

So much of my running is determined by the circumstances. That works fine as long as your goal and habit is to run. If you wait for the circumstances to determine whether to run, it is too easy to never find the right opportunity. With my mind set that I WILL run but exactly when is left to what develops during the day, it works out.

The forecast was for cold weather moving in for just a period of 24 hours. That left me thinking that most likely I would skip running today and simply make use of warmer temperatures tomorrow. However, between some frustration from work that made me want to get out of the house (where my office is located) and the fact the temperature was in the mid 40's and sunny, I headed out for a quick run.

The result was 3.05 miles that put just a little bit more space between me and the pace bunny.

My total for the year is now 67.09 miles.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 65.76 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 32.88 miles.

Where are you?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

... Indiana ... lacing up to run ... outside ... in the cold. It's freezing here!

Joey said...

Thanks for stopping by Cindy.

Make sure you dress warm on that run!