Google

Sunday, January 27, 2008

When the going gets tough...

Yesterday I took the day off. This partially was by choice but also had to do with the fact I did not manage my schedule for the day very well. I simply put the POSSIBILITY of running off until it was too late in the day to run. Probably the reality was that I didn't feel motivated enough to make a run a high priority for the day. It was not a problem since I had a good amount of miles in for the month and had some "in the bank" so to speak.

However this meant that I definitely needed to run today in order to stay on pace. I struggled from the get-go but kept putting in the miles until I had run 4.5 miles. As usual, after I had run a couple of miles it did not feel as bad. This is not to say it became an easy run, just better.

This now gives me 74.38 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 73.98 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 36.99 miles.

No comments: