Google

Monday, January 21, 2008

Ahead of last year's pace

Last year I managed to meet my goal of running 1,000 miles. However, I made the feat more difficult than what I hope will happen this year.

I did not run enough miles during the first six months of the year and that left me making up mega miles at the very end. While that was a good lesson and provided a great sense of accomplishment in the end, there is an easier way that spreads the miles evenly throughout the year.

Today with 4.05 miles run at noon time, I passed the total number that I ran in January last year which was 51.5 miles. This means that every mile I put in for the rest of this month is an improvement over last year. It is very encouraging to be at this stage during the colder winter months when I find running most difficult.

My total for the year now is at 54.96 miles.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 57.54 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 28.77 miles.