Google

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The edge......of ice

The weather forecast for today was calling for rain showers that could turn to freezing rain . This would depend on where you were located and what the temperature would be at that particular time of day.

I looked outside at noon and decided I would try to get in a minimum run of three miles before the rain hit. Too late!

I just started running when a soft mist/rain started. I had noted that the thermometer in my back yard was recording 32-33 degrees Fehrenheit. Quickly the decision was made to continue the run but to carefully monitor the traction on the road. The cemetary where I planned to run was hosting a funeral, so I continued down the road to the neighboring subdivision instead.

I finished the 3.08 miles for the day with no problem. It really is great that I have gotten so many miles in for the month because I now am at a good stage mileage-wise to take a day off from running if the weather dictates that I should.

My total for the month is now at 58.04 miles.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 60.28 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 30.14 miles.

No comments: