Google

Saturday, January 5, 2008

First two runs of the new year

I have wanted to rest for a few days starting off the new year.

When I was shooting for my goal of 1,000 miles last year, I got behind the pace in the first part of the year and was playing "catch up" the rest of the year. With 3 months to go, I had only 600 miles run. Needless to say, I was putting in more miles than I was accustomed to during those final weeks. That is why I have wanted to take some time off to start this year.

At the same time, I don't want to fall behind early again this year to repeat the same cycle. Hopefully I am smarter this year and have a better plan going on.

Last year during January my miles run was only 51 when I needed to be at 85 for the month to be on track.

So here are my first two runs of the year:
January 4..................4.02 miles
January 5..................5.34 miles

My total for the year is now 9.36.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 13.7 miles

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 6.85 miles

Have you started? How are you doing?

No comments: