Google

Saturday, April 12, 2008

No rest today

The rain was here this morning, but it cleared around noon time and ended up to be a lovely day. That proved to be too much of a temptation for me and I got in 3.3 easy miles in the cemetary during the afternoon.

While I was there, a family came to look at several gravesites. The 12 year old son was given the opportunity to drive the car around while the rest of the family all walked. Of course he made use of the moment and circled the cemetary a couple of extra times. He was very proud of what he was doing and very careful when I was running nearby.

That reminded me of a similar experience of a young boy about 43 years ago back in the state of Maine. I remember my Dad allowing me to drive the car in the cemetary to give me some experience driving. The road in that cemetary is gravel and very twisty. It requires some very accurate steering to navigate around the various corners and I remember being "oh so careful" as I idled the car around. I still remember that feeling of pride from those days. I appreciated the reminder today of this story from my younger years.

I ran 3.33 miles which gives me 297.81 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 282.22 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 141.11 miles.

No comments: