Google

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Miles completed for 1956

I am working on a long range goal of running a mile for every day that I live. The miles I count are those since I started running in 2003. Growing up and playing sports, I know there were thousands of miles that I ran back then that were never calculated and not meant as a part of my running "career".

Today I ran 3.48 miles on a lovely sunny afternoon. The significance of these miles is that it completed the miles for another year of my goal. This completes 1956 and starts me on the way for the next year. While I am a long way off right now, I am heading in the right direction and if I remain consistent in my goal and running, I will keep chipping away at the years and soon racking up the years.

My goal of 1,000 miles a year not only takes care of the current year, but also makes up another year and nine months towards my goal. Any miles in a year that I run more than that is purely a bonus.

My miles today gives me 290.85 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 276.74 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 138.37 miles.

No comments: