Google

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Left in a cloud of dust

Just as I started this afternoon's run, a young couple zipped by me. I would guess that they are university age and probably attend one of 4 or 5 colleges or universities in the area. They both looked to be in fabulous shape and she was decked out in matching green shirt, shorts, head band and socks that were white with a green stripe. It did not take them long before they were long gone and out of sight. I was left in "a cloud of dust".

This reminded me that often in life we all may be seeking to accomplish the same objectives but each one will do so in their own time and manner. This couple ran and finished the run. I did the same thing on the same road.....just at a different pace.

Quite often the accomplishments of life have more to do with the willingness of the person to do it, than to the finesse with which it was done.

I ran 4.08 miles which gives me 272.57 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 263.04 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 131.52 miles.

No comments: