Google

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

It was one of those runs

There are times when you run easier, faster, longer and without trouble. It is hard to understand or explain why this happens. Probably every runner wonders why it cannot happen every time out, but for some reason it seemingly "just happens".

I started my first mile and immediately recognized that this was a faster first mile than any that I have had recently. My records indicate it had been a month since I had run that fast in the first mile. Lest anyone think I am setting Olympic records, this "fast" mile was equal to what I was regularly running for a first mile two months ago. I have simply been going slower the last few weeks. Anyway, this was a nice run.

The weather was in the mid 60's and that in itself always brings out the better runs for me. I simply enjoy running when it is warmer. I am convinced that to be able to run at this stage in life is a blessing from God.

I managed to make the run an even 5 miles and this gives me 287.37 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 274.00 miles

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 137.00 miles.

No comments: