Google

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A new system

I have been running now for 5 years. During this time I have basically just gone out and run the way I felt like running and always try to leave feeling like I have had a good work out.

There is a running calculator devised by McMillan that tells you a projection of what you will run in various races based on the times you post at other distances. Amazingly this system has been very accurate in my case. Included in his calculations is a training time. He uses your time to determine your fitness and then projects what your various training runs should be. In looking at this, I have discovered that most likely, I have been been doing some of my runs too fast.

With this in mind I ran an "easy" run this evening of 4.96 miles at a much slower pace. The key here is that I feel confident in running at that pace. It will be interesting to see if that improves my running times when I go to do a race.

My miles for the year is now at 588.96.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 484.98 miles. I lead her by 103.98 miles.

The 2,000 KM pace bunny is at 598.96 miles. I trail her by only an even 10 miles.

No comments: