Google

Sunday, June 22, 2008

My longest run of the year.

I ran 6 miles on Friday and then 4.1 miles on Saturday. Today was a nice day with a little bit of overcast that kept the temperatures a little cooler and I decided to do a long run. With a camel bag of ice and water on my back I took off at the local community running and biking trail. I sent from one end to the other, dodging a thunder storm that rumbled in the area. I stopped in a tunnel ever so briefly when I thought the storm was going to hit, but quickly realized it was not close. The end result was that I ran 15.6 miles. This is the longest run that I have done since I ran in the Richmond Marathon back in the fall. While I have been getting in good mileage, I needed this LONG run. It will help my other running. Another positive on the run is the fact I ran well below my average pace for the WHOLE 15.6 miles. This is difficult to do at any distance, but especially so with this amount of miles.

This really gives me a great month building for June. I already have 100 miles in for the month and there is still over a week to go. This is great. I am on the doorstep of being on track with the 2000 KM pace bunny. I had not counted on catching him so early but that is wonderful. The only danger is that once I arrive at that pace, the temptation will be to go for another level. I don't want that, so will settle into this amount and grow.

My mileage for the year is now at 576.28 miles.

No comments: