Google

Sunday, June 8, 2008

Running in the heat

The local area is in the midst of a heat wave. Temperatures each day are well into the mid 90 degree range with humidity high. Friday I ran in the middle of the day and then Saturday tried to run a little earlier in the day to escape some of the heat. While it probably was cooler..it still was plenty hot and took a lot out of me. Today I considered taking another day off, which is okay since I had good miles in already for the week and month. However, the forecast is for more heat for the first of the week. This caused me to attempt to run later in the evening after the sun went down. Interestingly enough, it FELT cool even though the temperature was 89 degrees. The difference was the lack of the sun beating down. I ran 3.67 miles.

The week was a good running week and now I have 512.73 miles for the year.

No comments: