Google

Friday, June 6, 2008

Starting off strong for June

I have never had a high mileage month for June. In fact, last year with 57.9 miles is the most that I have run. With this in mind, I have approached June wanting to put in enough miles to give me a choice for the last six months of the year. I can either run moderate miles during this time period, of go for a more aggressive goal than simply 1,000 miles for the year.

On Sunday I ran 8.60 miles.....Monday was 5.13 miles.....Tuesday was 3.44 miles.....Wednesday had 3.70 miles....and then I took a break on Thursday. Because of the threat of thunder storms and even tornado activity in the area, I had run the first part of the week anticipating that I was going to miss a day of running. When Thursday came and I had been able to run each day, a day off seemed like a good idea.

Then today, Friday, I ran 7.10 miles during the noon hour with temperatures of 94 degrees. I had taken my water pack with me to be sure I was hydrated well. While the heat was high and it definitely took a toll on me, I was pleased to get the 7 plus miles in. This also put me over the 500 mile mark for the year with 24 more days left in the month before the half year mark is reached. In other words, these days for the rest of the month will be bonus miles towards my 1,000 mile goal for the year.

For all of this, I am thankful.

One of the runners in the web site that I use for accountability, had her husband collapse near the finish line of a 10K race and actually died. Paramedics who were there for the race were able to revive him and open heart surgery was done a couple of days ago. The results have been good, but the reminder is made of just how frail life and health can be.

My miles for the year is at 503.88 miles.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 432.92 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 216.46 miles and now cannot catch me this year!!!!!!

No comments: