Google

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Faster than a speedy bullet....when I am scared.

On Sunday I ran on the local Blackwater Creek Trail that is used by hikers, bikers, walkers and runners. It is a series of trails that cuts through the downtown area of town and is paved and well developed for over 15 miles. There are as many "trail" route miles on top of this that veer off the main route.

As I was running Sunday, I came across a number of uniformed and plain clothes policemen, complete with a dog searching part of the trail. At the time I thought little of it and kept on running. However the local news has revealed that they were hunting for a 6' 4", 300 pound man who robbed a trail user with a gun. While someone interviewed on TV mentioned that the thief would need to be fast to catch most people on the trail, the thought also enters my mind that if he had a gun a bullet is fast enough.

I ran 3.7 miles of recovery last night and tonight added another 4 miles even. This gives me 584 miles run for the year.

No comments: