Google

Monday, March 3, 2008

Treadmill run

On Saturday, I was on the road and staying at a hotel in Asheville, North Carolina. Because of a busy day, I had to work to get in a run and was only able to do so by getting up early and heading down to the hotel exercise room.

Over the last 10 years, most of the hotel chains have realized that today's traveler wants the opportunity to work out. They usually have a treadmill or two and several other types of apparatus. Many of them are even open 24 hours a day which I always like for getting in some exercise at odd times. No one has to worry about the neighborhood, the weather, or getting lost in an unfamiliar place. That being said, I often do enjoy being able to run in a new neighborhood. You can really see a community better when you are going at a runner's pace.

I did manage 3.25 miles on the treadmill, which gives me 170.36 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 167.14 miles

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 83.57 miles.

No comments: