Google

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Running along the beach

Friday I was in Virginia Beach, staying at a hotel right only the water. Getting up early on Saturday morning I was able to run along the famed Virginia Beach Boardwalk. What a great experience that was. There were plenty of other runners along the trail, each one with a different approach to the same exercise. There were some people running alone, often with earplugs placed in their ears to allow them to hear there favorite tunes. Other runners ran in "two's". I saw all the combinations.....two men, two women, a man and a woman; but each group enjoying the combined energy that two runners bring. There were also the runner's who bring along their dogs to join in. That requires a lot of dedication by the runner and also a good training program to bring the dogs to a stage where they ignore other's along the way.

The run was fun and interesting. I was looking in so many directions at once that the attention to running was secondary. The miles quickly passed by and I even stopped along the way to enjoy a coffee. The ocean is so wonderful to be around.

While I had planned on doing this run for several mornings, it ended up that I did not stay longer than the one night at this hotel. I was glad I got in this run.

I was not able to run for the next couple of days, which put me behind in my goals. However, I did get to run on Tuesday and this helped.

My miles for the year is now at 230.46 miles.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 232.90 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 116.45 miles.

No comments: