Google

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Number of runs

One of the goals that I had this year was to run 250 times. Last year I ran 213 times and this was good. In fact that was my highest for a year but my goal was to increase those extra 37 times to get to 250. With my average run being a little over 4 miles this year, the extra runs would give me an additional 150 miles and really help towards my mileage goal for the year. Even reaching that number of runs, I would STILL have over 100 "off" days during the year, meaning that this is not an unrealistic number. How am I doing? Well, today's run made it 162 so far. This puts me well ahead of my goal.

It is interesting that I find myself feeling guilty when I take a day off from running. Yesterday I took the day off, which is well within the plan. Sure enough I started feeling like I was missing an opportunity to put another run on the books. I need to make note of this feeling and make SURE that I DO take the days off. Rest is a big part of the development of the whole body for running and allows the body to "heal".

Today's run was a nice 5.28 miles giving me 679.17 miles so far for the year.

Thanks for reading.

No comments: