Google

Sunday, July 13, 2008

Hello.....anyone out there?

When I started this blog at the beginning of the year, I was hoping to be an encouragement to other runners and seek to help them reach their goals. I have a way of monitoring the number who read the blog and it has been indicating a dwindling number of readers. That being said, I have backed down from posting while other matters of life pressed in. Then I got a couple of emails from people asking if I was alright and I knew that some people DO check in and will now try to post regularly again.

Since my last report I have run the following amounts of miles: 5.33, 6.00, 8.10, 5.22, 6.80, 1.50, 5.27, 4.30, 3.50, and today 6.0. I only took one day off from running in the midst of those 10 runs. Realizing that I am trying to average 3.38 miles a day now, this obviously was a good stretch of running. The one day when I only ran 1.50 miles, I was trying to put in some mileage for the day while waiting for a thunder storm to hit. When it did arrive, I was in the house quickly. A lady in Virginia Beach that week had been hit and killed by lightning while running on the beach.

I now well ahead of the 1,000 mile pace for the year, leading by 127 miles. This has meant that my focus now is on the 2,000 KM mark for the year. This would be a great accomplishment since that would put me over the 1,240 miles for the year and a significant increase. We will see how it goes.

To those who are reading and have noted my slow down in posting, I apologize. Thanks for the kick in regards to being more faithful in reporting.

My mileage for the year now stands at 661.57 miles.

No comments: