Google

Friday, May 9, 2008

Two nights of runs

How did I miss posting my run last night? It is a great study on the difference of DOING something and THINKING you did it. I was SURE I had posted last night's 3.04 mile run. Oh well, the word is out on it now. That was last night.

Tonight I ran in the cemetary at around 5 PM. There were people in there putting up a couple of new grave stones. Very carefully they were measuring, using a bubble level to make sure it was just right and straight. While I understand their need to do so and the desire to do it right, all around this "perfectly" placed new grave stone are old stones that have long ago sunken into the ground at a crooked angle. I watched them carefully wash the stone and make sure it was clean. Meanwhile these older stones were stained with moss, dirt, and bird droppings. I was left with the thought that this is exactly like life. In a world that seems to be weary of doing the right thing and living a balanced, clean and level life, we still need to be sure that things are done "right".

So, while circling these grave stone people (a husband and wife team with two cute little girls who played in the area), I managed to run 5.21 miles. It was a good run.

This gives me 386.54 miles for the year.

The 1,000 mile pace bunny is at 356.20 miles.

The 500 mile pace bunny is at 178.10 miles.

I now lead the pace bunny by 30.34 miles.

No comments: