Google

Friday, August 1, 2008

The end of July and starting August

It is hard to believe that the summer is moving along so quickly. At the same time, as I record miles from running each day I can see that the year is moving right along.

The runs that I have recorded in the last week of July were for 3.42, and even 10.00, 4.06, 3.55, 1.20 (before the rain of a thunder storm hit), 5.27 and tonight's 4.31. There was a rest day thrown in there for good measure but I still had a good week.

For July I managed to run 123.3 miles for an average of 3.97 miles a day. This well passes the goal of 3.39 miles a day that I need for running 2,000 KM in the year. Of note as well is the fact I have now run over 100 miles for 4 straight months, which is a record.

In evaluating my running, I need to hold at this amount of running for a while. My fear is that if I add too much mileage, I will get injured. Since I was only averaging 2.74 miles a day last year, this 3.97 mile average is quite a jump.

I am extremely thankful for my health to run.

The total miles run so far in 2008 is now at 731.72 miles.

No comments: