Google

Sunday, August 17, 2008

A solid run

My schedule is changing for what I am needing to accomplish each day. As a result, I am needing to run at different times and may depend more heavily upon the weekends for mileage.

Today I ran 10 miles. This was an extremely solid run and came after a day off from running yesterday. When it comes time for racing, this "day off" is something I need to focus on. As I understand it, it is wise to take the second day back off and then run a light run on the day before the event. This gives you the most benefit of being in peak condition the day of the race.

In any event, my time today as just a normal training run was FASTER than what I raced in the Virginia Ten Miler last year. This bodes well for my training.

My early total is now at 798.1 miles. With well over 4 months left in the year, this is a solid place to be for running 1,000 miles. I am also now ahead of the 2,000 KM pace too, which is my new focus goal.

No comments: